One of the greatest loves of a Mid-Century Modern lifestyle is throwing Fondue parties. Remember back when it was all the range. It was fun and easy! A chocolate fondue is a great main event for any party back then and today. However, to make it special and different – add a spicy component to the mixture. Lots of people are trying a Mexican or Spicy Chocolate, so add some spice to your next Fondue party.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into small bits
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk or cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1tbsp brandy
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- Angel cake
- Pound cake
- Banana bread
- Sugar cookies
- Banana slices
- Apple slices
- Fondue pot with forks
- Melt chocolate bits in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk; heat through.
- Stir in spice topping, heat through. If the fondue seems a bit too thick, then stir a little cream into the mixture.
- Transfer to a fondue pot with a burner – keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with dippers.
Tip: if the fondue becomes thick – continue to stir in a little milk.
Makes 8 servings