By Lisa and Heather Skinner
I have had all kinds of seafood in my life. As a kid, we would go out on the Puget Sound, in Washington State, and catch our own crabs. Mom taught us how to thoroughly clean and eat them. One of my favorites though, would have to be scallops. To some people, they are intimidating to make. But worry not, they are simple to cook and delicious to eat. Try this recipe out and see for yourself!
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry. Blanch them in boiling water for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, whisk together the fruit zest and juice, honey and cardamom pods.
- Warm a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil to the skillet, season the scallops with salt and pepper. Cook them for 2 minutes on each side. Set the scallops aside on a warm plate and cover with foil.
- In a saucepan, reduce the juice mixture over medium-heat and whisk in the butter a few pieces at a time.
- Plate the scallops and drizzle with sauce.