Not everyone can hold an old fashion beach clambake. However, you can create the same delicious meal in your kitchen. This is great to replace to old wore out Fish Fry for Friday Lent Dinner.
Lots of damp corn husks
4 cups beer
1 or 2 lobster pots or very large kettle pots
4 live lobsters – 1.5 pounds each
4 live crabs
4 ears corn on the cob – husked and wrapped in foil
4 dozen soft-shell clams
Melted butter for serving
Lemon wedges for serving
- Place damp corn husks in the bottom of the pot and cover with beer.
- Heat to a simmer – depending on the pots you may need to use two burners to spread the heat.
- Add lobsters and cover with another layer of damp corn husks.
- Add the foil wrapped corn and again cover with a layer of damp corn husks.
- Finally add the clams and cover with the last of the husks.
- Cover the pot or pots and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until the clams’ pop open.
- Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges
Other seafood can be substituted: Shrimp, oysters, and mussels
Other great serving suggestions – Cole slaw, cornmeal hush puppies, and cold beer.