What is ham salad? Well, have you ever had chicken, egg, or tuna salad? It is along the same lines as those. You can add pretty much any vegetable you want to it. Can be served as a dip with crackers, on bread to make a sandwich, or even over a bed of leafy greens. This also is a great way to use up that left over Easter ham.
My favorite way to enjoy ham salad is on a croissant. Makes a great addition for a garden party or in a picnic basket. Whichever way to choose to enjoy this, you will not be disappointed!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped, fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces smoked, fully cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1 Celery stock , finely chopped
Stir together 4 ounces of cream cheese, 2 scallions, celery, 2 tablespoons of parsley, 1 tablespoon of creole mustard, ¼ teaspoon of black pepper in medium bowl. Fold in ham. Serve chilled and as desired.