Egg muffins is in vogue these days! Whether you add shredded zucchini or chopped olives, it is an easy hot breakfast that is healthy as well.
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 to 10 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 to 4-ounce cooked chicken or turkey, boneless, shredded
- ½ cup chopped parsley leaves
- Crumbled feta to your liking
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon Spanish paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 12-cup pan by brushing with olive oil.
- Divide the peppers, tomatoes, shallots, olives, chicken or turkey, parsley, and crumbled feta among the cups.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, salt, pepper, and spices. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture carefully over each cup, leaving ¾ of an inch not filled.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until egg muffins are set.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Use a small butter knife to loosen the edges and remove from pan.