Drinking by the pool on a hot day is great for anyone. Sun’s out, fun’s out; Am I right? Some people like to kick back with a beer or some other alcoholic refreshment, whereas others do not. This summer, we are all about mocktails. Some of your favorite adult beverages without the liquor, for those who are wanting to stay sober.
- 8 cups water, divided
- 18 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 family size, iced tea bags
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 sprigs fresh mint
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat. Mix in 6 tablespoons of sugar and the tea bags. Let steep for about 5 minutes. Strain teabags in to a pitcher and add 1 cup cold water, stirring. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix in the remaining ¾ cup sugar, lemon juice, and 1 cup water into a bowl or container. Stir and combine until sugar is completely dissolved. Pour lemon mixture into a separate pitcher than the tea. Add 2 cups of water.
- Fill 8 tall glasses with ice. Pour the lemonade into each glass about 1/3 of the way. Next, pour the tea, slowly and evenly over the ice to layer perfectly. Top with sprigs of mint for garnish.
- Before drinking, slightly swirl your glass. Enjoy!
Pina Coloda Mocktail
- 2 ounces coconut cream
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Maraschino cherries
- Pineapple, sliced spears
- Put crushed ice, pineapple juice, ½ teaspoon coconut flakes, and coconut cream into a blend and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into long stemmed glasses. Use cherries, pineapple slices, and coconut flakes to garnish.