Most BBQ sauce recipes include ketchup. The first recipe did not. Just to change it up a bit. These next two recipes do contain ketchup. All are very enjoyable and highly recommended. Whatever you choose to put it on. Your taste buds are going to be more than satisfied.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- Put all the ingredients in a pan over medium heat low heat. Stirring to combine the mixture.
- Once you bring it to a simmer, bring the heat down to low. Let simmer for about 8-10 minutes, until thick.
- You can store in an air locked container in the freezer for about 3 months. Or store in your refrigerator for a week.