Honey baked beans are always a favorite at a family BBQ. Sweet and Smokey, the beans give great flavor to Grill marinade chicken or beef. Or just as fantastic with burgers and dogs. Add in Cole slaw or potato salad or both and you got a simple summer-time meal for adults and kids.
- 1 large onion
- 6 slice thickly cut bacon
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 2 c. chicken broth
- c. brown sugar
- c. Honey
- 1/4 c. sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 4 can pinto beans
- Optional: 1/2 of red bell pepper, chop into small bites
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic cloves and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Add tomato paste, chicken broth, brown sugar, honey, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and freshly ground pepper and stir to mix.
- Stir in pinto beans, increase heat to high, and bring mixture to a boil. Add in optional pepper if desired. Transfer to oven and bake, uncovered, until beans are tender and mixture is thickened, 40 to 45 minutes.