Beer Butt Chicken seems a favorite with the beer drinking Dads. A beer in hand, grill going strong with favors of chicken fill the neighborhood, and kids out paying in the slip in slide. It is the start of the summer grilling season, with a big push from Dad and his grill.
Add potato salad, and fresh green beans and it a feast fit for a King … Dad that is….
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- Prepare an outdoor grill for low heat.
- In a small pan, melt ½ cup butter. Stir in 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon garlic salt, salt, and pepper.
- Pour out ½ can of the beer. With ½ remaining. Place remaining butter and seasoning in can. Put can on a baking sheet. Place chicken on the can, pushing the can inside the chicken. Baste with the melted butter mixture.
- Place chicken and beer with baking sheet on the prepared grill. Cook on low heat for 3 hours. Internal temperature needs to be 180 degrees. Let rest before carving.