- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- ½ pound fresh strawberries, quartered
- 12 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 can, frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Ice cubes
Dissolve sugar in boiling water. Place strawberries and watermelon in batched in blender, mix until well blended. Pour fruit through a mesh strainer. Put into a large pitcher. Stir in the lemonade concentrate, lemon juice, and sugar water. Pour over ice and serve.
Barbecued Chicken Pizzas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place on an oiled grilled rack over medium heat. Grill, covered until internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Baste frequently. Cool slightly. Cut into cubes.
- Divide dough in half. Place dough onto a heavy well-greased sheet of foil. Press each portion of dough into a rectangle. Brush with oil. Put on grill without foil. Grill, covered, until bottom is lightly browned.
- Remover from grill. Spread grilled sides with remaining sauce. Top with cheese, chicken, and onion. Grill until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- 8 ears of sweet corn, husks, removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic power
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 24 corncob holders
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Brush all sides of corn with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat. Turn and grill until lightly brown and tender. Remove from grill and cool.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, garlic powder, and pepper. Cut each ear of corn into thirds. Insert a holder into each piece of corn. Spread the mixture on the corn. Sprinkle with cheese, seafood seasoning and cilantro. Serve with lime.
Pomegranate Splash Salad
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups spring mix salad
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¾ fresh and frozen raspberries
- 1/3 pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Dash salt
In a large bowl, mix the salad ingredients. In a small bowl, mix the vinaigrette ingredients. Serve on salad.