It is that time of year again! Thinking of an outside BBQ in the park or backyard? Try this tasty menu of stuffed burgers, potato salad, and cake.
Bacon Stuffed Hamburgers:
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 4 burger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, pickles
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a bowl combine beef, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Warm a skillet to medium heat and fry bacon to preferred doneness. Remove to paper towel to drain grease.
- Keep heat to medium and form 8 patties from the beef. Set aside.
- Sautee onions in bacon fat until tender. Place in bowl with bacon and cheese.
- Form mixture into ball and place on four of the patties. Top with other patties and seal edges.
- Grill. Flipping only once, to preferred doneness.
- Serve on bun with lettuce, tomato, and pickles.
- 5 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but firm. Drain, cool, peel and chopped.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel, and chop.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients. Mix together and refrigerate until chilled.
- 20 ounces pineapple
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Chop pineapple into small pieces and drain well.
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Serve chilled.
- 1 box cake mix and all that is called for on box
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping frozen, mostly thawed
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1-pint blue berries
- 1 to 2 pints raspberries
- Gather ingredients
- Prepare the cake batter according to the box instructions.
- Pour into greased and flour pan. Bake according to directions.
- Let cake cool.
- Place cake in freezer while you prepare the frosting.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese, whipped topping, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Remove the cake from freezer and spread the top and sides with the whipped frosting.
- To decorate the cake, outline the top left corner with blueberries.
- Fill in the remaining blueberries, leaving some white showing for the stars.
- Make line of raspberries next to and below the blueberries to form the stripes on the flag. Refrigerate until ready to serve.